Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SOFT SKILLS~

I've learned these skills through out the course I attended..

1. COMMUNICATION: I have learned on how to communicate with peers and people around me. I've improved in socializing. Not saying that I'm too reserved before but maybe the way I talk is improved because we did a lot of group work. This blog also a way to develop my communication skill since it is a way to improve my thoughts.

2. CRITICAL THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING: I've developed this skill through the assignments assigned by the lecturer and tutors. In the process of finishing the assignments, I need to think first and plan everything before doing the assignments. Everything must be in a correct order in order to let my assignments go smoothly. So, lots of thinking have to be done and every problems that occurred need to be solved.

3. TEAMWORK: I've developed this skill through the assignments that have to be done in group. I learned to cooperate with my group members in order to finish the task assigned by our lecturer. I realised teamwork is important, if not the work may not run smoothly and may invite dissatisfaction among group members.

4. LEADERSHIP: I developed a bit in this skill. I learned to give opinions as to be used in the assignments given and I also opened to other's opinions. Besides that, I learned to express dissatisfaction face to face instead of talking about it behind their back. I also asked everyone opinions first before making any decision so that everyone will be satisfied about the decision.

5. ETHICS AND PROFESSIONAL VALUES: I learned about this skill also through my assignments. I learned to be more professional especially in my student's life. I know my responsible as a student and I have to behave like a student. Besides that, I learned to organize my assignments in a systematic way so that it can be done smoothly.

6. LIFELONG LEARNING: I learned that learning is a lifelong process. Learning is not limited only in the classroom but with the existence of technology, I still can learn at home. For example, ADEC helps me in keeping up with the things that I might miss in the classroom.

7. ENTREPRENEURSHIP: As far as I'm concerned, entrepreneurship is a skill developed by businessman especially. I do not think I developed this skill during the course.

No comments: